Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Spinning & Knitting

Well, after having the Baynes and the SR-30, I decided what I really needed was a double-treadle Schacht Matchless, so I bought one. I love LOVE that wheel. It has every other wheel I have ever tried beat all to hell. I have been spinning myself dizzy on it. I made some beautiful blueberry colored merino 2-ply which is currently being knitted (by me) into a pair of pretty socks. I knit 2-at-a-time cuff down on one long circular. Right now there is some pretty merino hand dyed by a lady in Monroe, MI -- not too far from here but I found it on Etsy on the Matchless. I am spinning it orb thin.....and it has a matching color to ply with it which I will fill the second bobbin with. I am using the highest speed whorl with a high speed bobbin, and it's been a lot of fun. I am also joining The Friends of Fleece spinning guild who are meeting today......but sadly I can't make my first meeting today and will need to wait until May because...... Today is my harp lesson with a lady here visiting from Paris who is a friend of my harp teacher. Then in the evening is a master class and I'll be playing a very challenging Bach piece. I could see myself zooming from my subbing band gig in the early morning to a city an hour north of here, to my lesson an hour west of here, to my nieces for dinner a 1/2 hour south of there and back to the masterclass.....all in one day and being able to focus.....no that wasn't going to work. So I gave up the spinning today. We all enjoyed the 80+ degree weather yesterday after a hard, cold, snowy winter in Michigan. Today it's raining and getting cooler as the day progresses.....and that's okay too.

No comments: