Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Long time no see.......and now there's a new pup, Bentley who is just over a year and has been with us since last March. We love our two little buddies.

And I retired last June.......and took a part-time job as a church musician/organist........and I LOVE BEING RETIRED. And I learned to spin on a spinning wheel. I bought a Schacht Reeves 30" Saxony in cherry, but it's not here yet, and so I couldn't wait and bought a castle style Baynes. I couldn't travel with the Schacht anyway, and I needed to get to spinning lessons. I'm totally into this. Yesterday I spun 156 yards of natural tan alpaca. Wahoo.....

My knitting skills need brushing up......for the life of me I can't remember how to turn a damned heel. I started making a pair of socks out of the first roving I spun, and realized I don't have enough. I went to the yarn store to get more roving and they were out of the one I needed, so I bought some yarn to contrast with the top of the sock, but I hate it. So I just bought some more roving of the same brand and color from ebay. I'll pull out all the knitting I did on the sock yesterday and wait until I spin up some more of that beautiful "violets" roving. Spinning -- um I could do that all day and all night long. It's so much fun, so productive and feels just wonderful to do.

The beat............and my ordinary life............goes on.

No comments: